In response to WordPress’ Daily Prompt: Treat
I was discerning how to approach this prompt, should I go on the noun or the verb. Then I thought, just in time, maybe I could do the verb. It is a brand new year and most of us would like to enlist things we’d do better this year. I am not a fan of new year’s resolutions but new year can serve as a reminder for us of the things, dreams and goals we’d like to come true even before “another Day 1” comes into the picture.
And so for me, I would want to…
- Treat this year in a positive light and with a happy mind and happy heart
- Continue treating life’s obstacles as effective teachers which I already have proofs from the past years
- Treat work conflicts on a non personal note – arguments and disagreements exist normally and that this can be resolved through communication
- Treat challenges as a way to hone skills, experiences further rather than complain about it
- Treat loved ones even better – love them more, give them more time, care more
- Treat rude people as people to ignore and not waste time on; lately, I tend to respond back to rude people
- Treat rumors and gossips as topics to ignore and dont spend time on the negative
- Treat money better – save more, invest more, spend less
- Treat time more importantly – spend more time with loved ones and just the right amount of time for work
- Treat idle times as an opportunity to improve – exercise, read, enroll in classes
I would want to keep just the right amount of items in my list and even if it isn’t new year I really would want to work on these things even better. I am positive about 2018 and I know that this will be another of my happy years with yet another improved version of me.